TUITION PAYMENT INFORMATION
Fall 2015 Tuition Rate Notice
Tuition rates are determined by the N.C. General Assembly each year. To date, the tuition rates for Fall 2015 have not been set. Your Fall 2015 tuition is based on the current rate of $72.00 per credit hour for in-state and $264.00 per credit hour for out-of-state. These rates are subject to change. If the General Assembly enacts a tuition increase, you will receive a bill for the balance owed.
FALL II 2015 PAYMENT DUE DATES
|Registrations made August 27 - October 5||Due by 5 p.m. on Monday, October 5, 2015|
|Registrations made October 6 - October 13||Due by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, October 13, 2015|
|Registrations made October 14||Due by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, October 14, 2015|
NOTE: If you do not pay according to these due dates, you are subject to having your courses dropped for non-payment.
- Awarded Financial Aid constitutes payment and will hold your courses if you meet FA eligibility requirements.
- Enrollment in the Tuition Payment Plan constitutes payment and will hold your classes.
- Third Party Authorizations must be filed with the Cashier’s Office by the due dates listed above.
- To avoid being charged tuition and fees, it is your responsibility to confirm that your classes have been dropped prior to the first day of the semester/term by checking your WebAdvisor account.
CURRENT TUITION RATE TABLE CLICK HERE.
Important Note: Tuition rates are determined by the North Carolina General Assembly and are subject to change.
Current Tuition rates are: $72.00 per in-state credit hr. and $264.00 per out-of-state credit hr. The maximum number of hours charged per semester for Fall and Spring Term is sixteen. The maximum number of hours charged per semester for Summer Term is sixteen for state supported courses and no maximum number for self-supporting courses.
Three additional fees are also charged: A $14.00 student support fee (Fall and Spring Term) or a $10.00 student support fee (Summer Term), this fee includes the cost of student accident insurance, student government, and other student-related activities. A $16.00 technology fee includes the cost of software, hardware, and lab support. A $15.00 CAPS (Campus-Access-Parking-Security) fee supports the college's parking facilities, campus security and enforcement.
Total Fees per Semester: Fall 2015 $45.00, Spring 2016 $45.00, and Summer 2016 $41.00.
Tuition/Fee Payments for Third Party Sponsored Students
Students sponsored by a third party, must submit the third party authorization to the Office of Business and Finance by the payment deadline for each semester. This constitutes payment and will hold your classes. Any tuition and/or fees not covered by the third party will be the responsibility of the student and must be paid by the payment deadline. Please refer to the Registration Schedule for the payment deadline(s).
If you need to speak to an Accounting Technician concerning your authorization, please visit the Third Party Contact page to determine who to contact.
Refunds for tuition and fees are processed approximately 2-3 weeks after the drop/add period ends. Refunds will be issued back to your credit card if paid by credit card.
All other refunds will be electronically deposited into your personal bank account if you login to WebAdvisor and enter your bank account information or by a paper check that will be mailed.
Please make certain your correct mailing address is on file in the Registrar's Office.
New Tuition Refund GuidelinesBeginning Fall 2015, tuition refunds for dropped classes will be made as follows:
- A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws (drops) prior to the first day of the academic semester/term as noted in the college calendar; or prior to the first day of the class for classes that are not consistent with the academic semester/term. A 100 percent refund shall also be made if the college cancels a course. Fees are refunded at 100 percent only when all tuition is refunded at 100 percent.
- A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws (drops) from a class prior to or on the official 10 percent point of the class. Fees are non-refundable when any portion of a student's tuition is refunded at 75 percent.
Miscellaneous fees are non-refundable, including: gym fees, malpractice insurance fees, replacement ID card fees, and testing fees.