A business office hold is placed on a student’s account due to an outstanding balance. This hold will essentially freeze the student’s account preventing registration of additional classes, transcript requests, graduation application, etc.
Possible Reasons for an Account Hold:
- A student has not paid a tuition, fee, and/or bookstore balance from the current or previous semester.
- A student completely withdraws from classes, using financial aid, and is charged for the unearned portions of that aid, creating a debt on the student’s account.
- A check used for payment is returned.
- A student does not pay a short term loan.
- A student has an unpaid library or parking violation fine.
Current students may pay a tuition, fee, and/or bookstore charge via WebAdvisor. Once the payment is made, contact the Cashier’s Office to request that the account hold is lifted.
If you are not a current student, cannot access your WebAdvisor account, or would like an explanation of your balance, please contact the Cashier’s Office in the Thomas R. McLean Administration building for information.