Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) announces plans to open the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE) in early April 2017 at the Fayetteville campus. The Center will be located inside the General Classroom Building (GCB), Room 205, directly across from the All American Veterans Center (also housed inside the GCB) at 2817 Fort Bragg Road.
The FTCC Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship will provide curriculum, workshops, and mentoring for active duty military, veterans, and their spouses as well as entrepreneurs from the academic community or public at large. Opportunities exist for individuals who want to start their own business, purchase a franchise, expand and scale an existing business, and prepare a business for sale. The Center’s operating hours will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Director of the FTCC Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is Brad Lienhart. Lienhart is the chief operating director of BUNKER LABS RDU and co-founder and director of operations for EntreDot. The Center will be partnering with BUNKER LABS RDU and EntreDot (RTP) to bring proven entrepreneurial practices and processes to the greater Fayetteville market. Lienhart can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Brochure (PDF opens in new window)
CIE Six Steps to Success: Hybrid
This 10-week curriculum will meet 2 hours per week. On Tuesdays, class sessions (2 hours each) provide details on creating a plan for a business, launching it into the market, and running the business to achieve the entrepreneur’s business plan objectives. During the curriculum, entrepreneurs are mentored through the steps necessary to achieve their near-term objectives, starting at whatever level of business maturity they have currently reached. Students will receive this mentoring during 1 hour sessions held on Thursdays of each week for 10 weeks.
Dates: July 10 – September 15, 2017
Time: 2:00pm – 4:00pm & Online
Location: Fayetteville Campus, General Classroom Building, Rm 215
Hours: 100 hours
Course Cost: $180
Use the form below to let us know you are interested in attending FTCC’s CIE program. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Name: Brad Lienhart
– BS: Northwestern University/Chemistry and Marketing/MBA: University Missouri/Economics and Int’l Marketing
– 28-year career with The DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY (Fortune 500): sales, marketing, supply chain, government affairs, global project management, M&A assignments, Senior P&L Director
– 1993-2004: started 3 Triangle companies with technology from the 3 major universities Tech Transfer Dept’s and $100M outside funding
– 2004-2017: involved in funding/C level assignments in 12 more companies/three non-profits/ tech and financial consulting (worked with 200 companies of various sizes and technologies)
– 2008: co-founded EntreDot as entrepreneur start-up accelerator in RTP (400 companies have accessed our SIX STEPS TO SUCCESS Program since 2008)
– 2017: Director of newly formed Fayetteville Tech Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Chief Operations Director/CFO for BUNKER Labs RDU.